1. Help Center
  2. Licensing requirements

How do I get a Class 2 real estate licence in NSW?

If you’re assuming that you’ll need to get your Class 2 real estate licence before you can get your Class 1 real estate licence, you’re correct. You have to complete the Class 2 real estate licence coursework, apply for your licence with the Office of Fair Trading and then work in the industry for at least two years before you’re eligible to enrol in a Class 1 course.

A Class 2 real estate agent can work in property sales, leasing and property management, owners’ corporations and more. But, as a Class 2 real estate agent, you can’t open or operate your own agency or operate a trust account. 

For further information and to read the full article please see the link below.