1. Help Center
  2. Licensing requirements

What is the difference between Class 1 and 2 real estate licences in NSW?

The best way to think of the Class 1 vs. Class 2 real estate licences is in terms of what each one authorises you to do.

A Class 2 real estate licence will authorise you to buy and sell commercial and residential properties. You’ll also be able to manage owners’ corporations and rental properties; however, you won’t be able to open or manage your own agency or administer a real estate trust account. For that, you need a Class 1 licence.

For further information please read our full blog post via the link below.